Thursday, December 13, 2012

Miracles

I believe in miracles. We witness miracles every day and don't even notice them.  In the last 8 days I have held two tiny little miracles that were just hours old in my arms.  The pure perfection and complete innocence of these tiny little people just amazes me.  I can't help but think about how many millions of little details that had to occur for that little person to arrive.  If just one sperm was a nanosecond faster than the other, then a totally different person would be on this earth.  I can't help but think of all of the things that must line up completely correct to create a healthy baby and how many different possible combinations of steps occurred to create that individual.  How miraculous this process is, yet how we take it all for granted.

In the last few months, I have been thinking about how overjoyed I am at having 10, (soon to be 11) grandchildren. I am amazed at how much love one heart can experience.  As each baby is born, I feel like I love them all even more.  I wonder how much love I have in me?  I always said that I love my children with all of my heart...  then they had children and I love them with all of my heart.  I love my husband, my parents, my siblings, my friends, my pets, my life, my God, my ....  when do you think my heart will just explode from all of this love???  I don't get it.  It must be a miracle that it hasn't exploded yet.

Miracles.

2 comments: