Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.. in alphabetical order, as it should be.
I think all of us have a little bit of OCD, in different strengths.. Sometimes mine is horrible, but in my opinion, it's a good horrible, almost, but not quite out of control. There are some things that I just have to have a certain way, and if if someone moves it, just the slightest bit, it drives me crazy and I just have to put it back! Little things.. like I can't go to bed if there are dishes in the sink. I have to make my bed every day. My "decorative" towels have to be perfectly straight and lined up. My desk at work is almost always clear. I check three, maybe four times before I leave the house to make sure I have unplugged the iron and the curling iron. When I start doing laundry on Saturdays, I wash everything. Everything is clean except the clothes on my back. I never leave a load for another day. I compulsively have to get it ALL done.
Although I hate to admit this, but I have been known to try to avoid going to homes that are not tidy. If I have to, I feel creepy crawly and can't wait to get out. Thankfully, and luckily, my children and step children all keep very tidy homes. I don't mind some clutter, such as toys and items that are being used, or lately, baby items. It's the crusty tables, or piles of laundry or things that are obviously piled in disarray and have been that way, not just recently messed up. It just drives me nutty!! There are a few things though, that I have never been able to get a handle on and although it drives me batty, I still ignore. Mail. Mail just seems to pile up at my house. Always has. I just never know how to properly control the piles. I swear they multiply overnight. I keep watching the infomercial about the scanner that stores and sorts all of your mail, paperwork, etc. I wonder if that would help me? I think I would probably use it, but then stack up all the papers that I scanned in a pile, for fear that they didn't scan right, or that the computer hard drive would fail. It always seems like, the minute I throw some type of paper away, I need it for some reason. If anyone has a suggestion for getting a handle on my runaway mail, please..... tell me!!
For the record; I sleep just as well if the sink is full or empty, There is no corelation. I never make my bed. I have a full size bed with a king sized comforter thrown on top. I never oweed decorater towels, I don't have enough regular towels, so new can't be partitioned off from regular toweles. My desk is a nightmare even for me! From the important to the mundane, it is on or near my desk. It has gotten so bad I have to straighten it up, but only because I cannot find some of my things that I am lookinh for. I'll straighten it tomorrow, maybe. I do my laundry when I have to and not until. I usually wash the most important and do as much as I have quarters for. the rest goes back in the hamper.
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorite people to visit was Mr. Bill. Bills house had a dirt floor ad the coffee cups were chiped and stained but the coffee was the best I ever had because of the company. Although the place was dirty, there were tons of well cared for plants and always interesting items on the kitchen table.
My laundry in my bedroom is in piles of disarray. This is MY mess and my messes do not seem to bother me as much as other peoples messes.
I say this as my advise for solving your mail problem may not suit your needs. My answer is throw it away. I have not opened my mail for as long as I can remember. I quit opening it in th 80's and I have NEVER been inconvienced because of my lack or concern. Maybe I won the Publishers clearinghouse, but I doubt it.